Please note that the below services may not currently be delivered in all states of Australia. For more information, please contact your local office.
The Key Assets Parent Child Service provides a person-centred approach to empowering parents with a cognitive disability to reach their parenting goals and raise happy, healthy children.
Eligible families can receive tailored packages of support delivered through an evidencebased model. Participation in the Parent Child Service is voluntary. Individuals must be eligible for NDIS or have an existing NDIS plan.
How we can help
Key Assets aims to enhance parenting skills by:
- Competence and confidence building
- Improved access to local resources
- Increased safety awareness
- Enhanced coping skills
- Stronger relationships
- Practical household skill building
Key Assets Key to Care Team
The Key Assets Support team can include Social Workers, Support Workers, Therapists and Carers overseen by a highly experienced Disability and Support Team Manager. Support can be delivered in the parent’s home, community or in an Ability Care (host care) arrangement facilitated through Key Assets.
Individual supports may include a range of interventions such as psychoeducation, community engagement, attachment work and capacity building. A coaching approach is used to support the development of parents’ sense of personal agency, and their competence and confidence in raising their children and keeping them safe.
Critical success factors for achieving the desired outcomes for families include:
- Clear goals are collaboratively agreed to;
- Families are supported to exercise choice and control;
- Focus on strengthening relationships between parent and child;
- Both parents are recognised and supported as individuals as well as a family unit;
- Positive parenting behaviours are modelled; and
- Acknowledging and celebrating success.
What can Key Assets Help with?
- Settling you and your child into a good routine
- Finding out more about how your child grows and learns
- Keeping your house safe for you and your child
- Meeting other people in the community that can help you and your child
- Support you with any questions you may
Talk to our team today on 1800 932 273 or email us at NDIS@keyassets.com.au