Foster care with a difference
Key Assets would like to talk to anyone who has experience in caring for children and young people with complex needs.
It takes a special type of person to become a foster carer, often forging a life changing career in the process. Foster carers from all walks of life are continually bringing about positive change to the lives of the children in care – in turn transforming their own lives.
Key Assets are an internationally acclaimed, award winning, not-for-profit foster care organisation, dedicated to servicing families and communities. If you have experience caring for children with complex needs, we would like to hear from you. Contact one of our foster care specialists on 1800 932 273 or Register Your Details and we will be in contact with you.
As a Therapeutic carer you would be supported by an organisation which is experienced in providing wrap around supports for children in foster care.
What You Will Need
Definitely not one size fits all, but we are looking for individuals/couples who :
- Have the capacity to care for a child who needs therapeutic reparative care.
- Be able to provide positive reinforcement in your home environment
- Have experience interacting with children & young people with various complex needs between the ages of 8 to 17 years of age
- Be able to provide full time care as a Primary carer.
- Have a suitable living environment, including a spare bedroom
- Are over 25 years of age.
- Have the ability to champion positive change for children & young people
What You Will Receive
- 24/7 coaching and support
- A dedicated social worker
- Receive a generous fixed allowance of upto $1800.00 per fortnight, $46,800 p/a (tax free) for each child in your care.
- Receive comprehensive training and support from our professional staff including your own Social Worker.
You won’t be alone:
All prospective foster carers are invited to attend Shared Lives training to learn more about what it means to be a foster carer. The information provided is designed to help you make an informed decision about foster care and whether it is right for you and your family.
We believe that providing a high level of foster care support is crucial to the stability of a foster placement. It is also central to our Key Care Team Model of practice which is at the heart of everything we do.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to join us to help care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people whose families are facing vulnerable times.
Start your journey as a Therapeutic Carer today – APPLY NOW
Anyone interested in fostering should contact Key Assets Fostering on 1800 We Care (1800 932 273) or complete the form below.