Working in partnership with children, families and community
The team at NI-Connect includes social workers and a psychologist who offer a range of services across the continuum of care to support the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
The team offers services to individuals and families seeking information and advice about parenting, life skills, health and wellbeing, as well as guidance in responding to developmental milestones for children and young people. NI-Connect works closely with the Norfolk Island Central School and is conducting resiliency programs for children identified by the school as vulnerable.
Who we Are
NI-Connect is managed by Key Assets (Australia) a non-government, not for profit children’s services agency, that is committed to creating a child safe organisation.
The team at NI-Connect includes social workers, an administration officer and a psychologist who between them have extensive experience in working with children and their families.
What we Do
The Child and Family Wellbeing Team can help with:
- Information, advice and activities about parenting, life skills, health and wellbeing
- Information, support and guidance in responding to developmental milestones for children and young people
- Fun and cultural activities for children and young people connecting children, young people and families to other services they may need
- Counselling for children and young people experiencing anxiety or facing other challenges
- Specialist support for children and young people at risk of harm and their families
- Crisis accommodation arrangements for victims of domestic and family violence