What is NDIS
NDIS stands for National Disability Insurance scheme. The NDIS is Australia’s national Scheme for people with disability. It provides funding directly to individuals.
The NDIS provides support to eligible people with intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive and psychosocial disability.
Key Assets is registered with NDIS to provide a range of services in Western Australia and in Queensland. Key Assets charges are in line with the NDIS price guide.
Why types of support does the NDIS offer?
The types of supports that the NDIS may fund for participants include:
- daily personal activities
- transport to enable participation in community, social, economic and daily life activities
- workplace help to allow a participant to successfully get or keep employment in the open or supported labour market
- therapeutic supports including behaviour support
- help with household tasks to allow the participant to maintain their home environment
- help to a participant by skilled personnel in aids or equipment assessment, set up and training
- home modification design and construction
- mobility equipment, and
- vehicle modifications.
The NDIS doesn’t fund services that are available to everybody such as general health or education services.
How to access NDIS
You need to be eligible to qualify for NDIS support. You can check your eligibility on the NDIS website. All those who are eligible can access the NDIS.
After you are approved, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) staff will create your NDIS plan with you. The NDIA is the independent agency responsible for rolling out the NDIS.
Your NDIS plan will include your individual goals and the funding that has been allocated to help you achieve them. When your NDIS plan is completed, you can start finding services that will help you meet the agreed goals.
More information about the NDIS
For more information phone NDIS on freephone 1800 800 110
Visit the NDIS Website
Talk to the Key Asstes team today on 1800 932 273 or email us at NDIS@keyassets.com.au.