We support children, young people and parents with disability to grow more confident and independent.
We appreciate the most effective services are those designed to give highly individualised support to people with disability. Our strong understanding of working with families and our experience in working with children and young people position us well to do this. We work in a flexible, person-centred and family-centred way right from referral.
Key Assets is a Child Safe organisation, and we provide a range of services for children and young people living with a disability. One of our specialities is in supporting individuals especially children or young people who have been in the child protection system to reach their potential.
To be eligible for Key Assets disability services, the person with disability needs to be under the age of 18 years at the time of referral to us. The exception to this is when young people in State care are turning 18 and leaving care or to parents with disability. We then provide support, so the young person transitions successfully from care and into independence.
Key Assets disability services will:
- Always put the person with disability first
- Always encourage informed choice
- Assist with decision-making where appropriate
- Focus on always building the capacity of an individual
- Be inclusive and culturally appropriate
- Help you live your best live with choice and control over how you do that